What is the Telephone Support Line?
The Norfolk and Waveney Mind Telephone Support Line provides advice, information and signposting to individuals seeking recovery focused, emotional and crisis support.
Our call handlers can offer support if you’re feeling low, anxious, worried, lonely, bereaved or in crisis. The helpline is able to support anyone living in Norfolk and Waveney.
Our Telephone Support Line is more than just a helpline; it is a safe haven where you can reach out, share your thoughts, and receive non-judgmental support from caring professionals, who genuinely understand the challenges you face.
Our telephone support line offers immediate support, whether you need a listening ear or practical advice about where to go next for help.
Who is the Telephone Support Line for?
Anyone aged 18+ living in Norfolk and Waveney.
How do I access the Telephone Support Line?
- Drop into one of our REST community wellbeing hubs, located in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Aylsham, Thetford and King’s Lynn and ask one of our friendly team to refer you
- Call 111 option 2 and ask to be referred to the Norfolk and Waveney Mind telephone support line
- Speak to your GP and ask them to make a professional referral on your behalf
- Ask your Community Mental Health Team to make a professional referral on your behalf
- Ask your job centre or any professional you are currently working with to make a referral on your behalf
- Call 0300 330 5488 option 1 and speak to our Resource Operatives who will be able to refer you
Once we receive your referral, we will contact you with a welcome text, call and letter outlining the service we provide and a telephone number call.
You are then free to call the line during times of distress. Please note, this service is not suitable for urgent, mental health crisis support. If you feel you need urgent mental support, please contact 999 or 111, option 2.
When can I call your telephone support line?
Our telephone support line service operates 7 days per week 10am – midnight.
Who is the telephone support line service for?
Our telephone support line service is open to anyone 18+, living in Norfolk and Waveney seeking emotional or crisis support.
Is the support time limited?
No, support via this service is not restricted to a certain number of weeks.
Will my calls be time limited?
We try to keep the calls to 30 mins.
Will my call be recorded?
Calls are recorded for training purposes.
Will my call be confidential?
Yes, calls are confidential however, we do have a duty of care to escalate your call if we feel you are at risk to yourself or others.
Who will I be speaking to when I call?
Your call we be answered by one of specially trained support line workers who will be there to listen and support you.