More than just training
Our advice and training packages support businesses to develop wellbeing cultures within the work environment. One which supports open conversations about mental health and the development of active policies that support staff wellbeing.
Our support and training includes:
- Wellness Action Plans
- Employee Wellbeing Survey / Audit
- Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Health First Aid
- Access to our Mental Health Champion Network.
Trusted training providers in:
Poor mental health is now the number one reason for employee absence, with at least one in six workers experiencing common mental health problems such as anxiety and depression in any given week.
Our team have extensive experience in working with organisations large and small to improve staff wellbeing and productivity. Our consultation is bespoke, but can include:
- General consultation and review of existing staff policies and strategies.
- Design, implementation and evaluation of employee wellbeing surveys.
- E-learning - development of bespoke e-learning solutions for example around mental health awareness.
- Development and delivery of a bespoke package of certified online or face to face training.
Please see below for examples of some of our workplace focussed training.
|Managing Mental Health in the Workplace Half Day (Online or Face to Face)
Designed with Managers, Line Managers and Supervisors in mind, this workshop explores the fundamentals of creating a workplace culture that supports mental health, creativity, productivity and wellbeing within your team.
This course enables managers/supervisors to take a more pro-active approach to supporting their staff wellbeing in a workplace setting.
With a constantly changing workplace landscape, it also includes information and best practice advice on how to support your remote workforce.
- Recognising symptoms of mental ill health.
- Reducing anxiety and stree (in your staff).
- How do we communicate.
- Signposting, referrals and supportive conversations.
- Includes group scenarios for attendees to work through.
Mental Health First Aid (Adult) Two Days (Online or Face to Face)
This two day nationally recognised qualification from Mental Health First Aid England, qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
This is an ideal course for anyone, but particularly those who want to train staff to become recognised Mental Health First Aiders within their organisation.
- Two day face to face or online course. Option with online course to spread sessions over four half days.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- All attendees also get access to ongoing support, top up training, networking and events as part of membership of our Mental Health Champion Network.
- Certification as a Mental Health First Aider and an extensive manual/resources.
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further referral support.
- Ability to support an adult with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive.
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing.
Mental Health Awareness 3.5 hours (Online or Face to Face)
This 3.5hr hour virtual training course introduces key concepts in mental health. It will develop your understanding of your own and others’ mental health so that you feel confident in supporting people experiencing difficulty. It is suitable for anyone with an interest in mental health and/or supporting others.
It uses a framework of evidence-based research to help delegates understand how and why poor mental health arises, how to support others, and how to foster good mental health.
The course includes the opportunity for discussions relevant to the current COVID19 pandemic, and its effect more widely on our mental health.
The course is delivered live by an experienced trainer and will provide opportunity for delegates to work alongside one another through a series of specially designed activities.
We offer a range of other courses relating to communications, suicide awareness and intervention skills, people management and listening skills. We can also create bespoke courses and talks for organisations and individuals.
For further information, please contact our training team:
Tel: 0300 330 5488