This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether
that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
The course is delivered over four virtual sessions, which will cover:
• Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
• Depression (continued) and suicidal crisis
• Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
• Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Individual learning will be framed around each session, and the MHFA Trainer will be available to support delegates at each stage. It is anticipated that delegates will need to complete between 1-2 hours individual learning for each virtual session.
The course is delivered alongside a manual which will be posted out to you prior to the course, and comprehensive information and handouts about resources and signposting.
For further information or to speak with one of the Training Team, please email email@example.com or call 0300 330 5488