Mindfulness in Schools [.b]
.b pronounced [dot-be] stands for “Stop, breathe and be!” and is delivered across nine lessons.
It aims to help young people:
- To experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- To fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative, more relaxed, academically, personally
- To improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games, when paying attention and listening to others
- To work with difficult mental states such as depressive, ruminative and anxious thoughts and low moods
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
We can to offer open .b mindfulness workshops for young people. We currently offer courses in schools for students aged 11-18. For more details click here
If your school is interested in taster sessions, teacher training or running the .b programme for your students, please call 01603 432457 and ask for Robert Black or Ruth Taylor.
Norfolk and Waveney Mind have a strong track record in working with schools and colleges across the area, supporting staff wellbeing, improving staff and student resilience, and enabling them to effectively respond to their own and others’ mental health challenges.
Coping with Exam Stress – 1 hour
.be [dot-be] Mindfulness Programme for 11-18 year olds – 10 sessions of 1 hour
You will find that the courses we deliver for individuals, and for groups of staff in the workplace are equally relevant for staff working in schools and colleges. Any of our in-house courses can be adapted to meet the specific needs of an individual school/college and the age range of students they are working with.
However, recognising the pressures on staff in education and the difficulties of taking a day out for training, we have also designed a concise CPD session, which could be ideal for a slot on a teacher training day, or twilight training session:
Mental Health in Education Settings – 1 hour CPD
If you don't see what you are looking for from the options above, we would be delighted to work with you to design a workshop or package of training and support tailored to meet your organisation’s specific needs.
How do I book?
If you would like to talk through your requirements, would like more information about costs and availability, or to discuss something bespoke, please call us on 01603 432457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org